Discover Imlil trekking
- 4 Days trip
- Available Seat:
TREKKING FROM MARRAKECH TO IMLIL
3 Days Tour Contact NowBOOK NOW
Imlil is a small village in the high Atlas Mountains of Morocco. It is 1,740 metres (5,710 ft) above sea level. A portrait of Imlil and the problems and prospects of Morocco's mountain populations appeared in 1984 in the book by James A. Miller called Imlil and published by Westview Press. It is close to the mountain Jebel Toubkal, the highest peak in Northern Africa. Imlil makes a good base for attempting to summit Toubkal. Imlil is the centre of mountain tourism in Morocco due to its unique position. From here, 90% of visitors head up to Toubkal, the highest mountain in Morocco. Imlil is the end of the tarmac road, and is a natural place to hire mountain guides and mules for the onward trek. Imlil is connected to Asni and Ikkiss by tracks. Open-back trucks provide a bus service several times a week between these three villages. Imlil as a village is a relatively new creation. It was created to cater for the number of tourists pouring through en route to Toubkal. The original communities still exist in the valleys around Tamatert, Ait Souka, Tagadirt, Tacheddirt, Acheim, Taourirt n'Ait Mizane, Mzikene and Arhrene. Before the advent of mountain tourism, the Imlil area was well known for its walnuts, apples and cherry production. While these are still important to the local economy, these have been eclipsed by tourism. Both mountain tourists and Moroccans come to Imlil seeking a cool relief from the heat of the Haouz.
Our days plan:
- Pick up you from airport/hotel/riad in the morning
- After about a 100 kilometers, we start to go up as we reach the chain of the Atlas mountains and the highest pass in the chain Tizi N-Tichka (2160m)
- We will stop in one of the teraces in Tichka to stretch our legs, maybe grab a cup of coffee to fully wake up.
- After the break we continue our trip to Ait Ben Haddou (This place is full of many known and beutifull kasbah ).
- After that we catsh our road to Ouarzazate, where many Hollywood movies being located and filmed there.
- Free time for lunch
- We continue our road to Boumalne and there we spend the night.
- The next day after breakfast our trip leads us through the Dades Valley and Todra Gorge, allowing to explore the sights of this region
- We will stop for lunch at any café on our way to Merzouga
- While we arrive to Merzouga, we will ride our camels to take us to the Dunes of Erg Chebbi to our Berber desert camp.
- Our stay at the desert camp includes accommodation in traditional Berber tents
- Wake early to experience the magic of a desert sunrise
- Breakfast in the middle of the desert
- Camels will take us for the return trip back to Merzouga where our driver will be waiting for you.
- We stop visiting Kasabah Taourirte in Ouarzazate.
- Then keep continuing our trip to Marrakech.